thank you, mrs. seinfeld – for these fucking cookies. because they’re delicious. deceptively so. check out her site here.
just ask shitler – who balked when he saw me dump a can of these into the mixer:
so, you should totally make them. and then eat enough to make you want to kill yourself because your stomach hurts so bad.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 margarine spread
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees. coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. in a large bowl or mixer bowl, beat the sugar and margarine until smooth. beat in the egg whites and vanilla, then the chickpeas and chocolate chips. add the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt, and mix on low speed until thick dough forms.
3. drop the dough by the tablespoon onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. press gently with a fork to flatten. bake until the cookies are golden brown, 11-13 minutes (i did mine for 13). transfer to a rack to cool.
this creep stared at the whole time. while shitler watched HIMYM.
and then we had fucking chicken patty sandwiches like we were back in high school.